SMKN 2 Mataram sent Mr. Dading Qalbuadi as a Tourism Teacher and Curriculum Vice Principal of SMKN 2 Mataram to joint The ASEAN MRA-TP Best Practice Seminar of ASEAN Mutual Recognation Arrangement on Tourism Professional (MRA-TP) on 17th – 18th of September 2019 in Courtyard Hotel by Marriott Bandung, West Java.The purpose of this International Seminar is to bring together all the key relevant stakeholders, particularly, the practitioners of the ASEAN MRA-TP to:
- Exchange information on best practices of tourism education and training
- trengthen networking and cooperation among the key stakeholders
- Provide opportunities for capacity building across ASEAN Member States
There are many great speakers in this Seminar, such as :
A. Opening Ceremony
- Mr. Wisnu Bawa Tarunajaya, Director of Tourism Human Resources and Inter-institutional Relations, Ministry of Tourism of Indonesia
- Mr. Kunjung Masehat, Chairman of National Professional Certification Authority
- Ms. Sophea Sok, Quality and Standards Expert and the Ad-hoc team for the Regional Secretariat of ASEAN Tourism Professionals
B. Seminar Session 1: Sharing the journey of the ASEAN MRA-TP Implementation from ASEAN Member States including Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar and the Philippines.
Moderator: Mr. I Gusti Putu Laksaguna, Vice President of National Tourism Professionals Board of Indonesia
- Mrs. Sim Chan Leakhena, Ministry of Tourism of Cambodia
- Mr. Po Samnang, PSE Institute, the School of Hospitality and Tourism, Cambodia
- Ms. Vivi Afianty, S.Pd, MM, SMK 3 of Malang, Indonesia
- Mr. Muhammad Hamdani, S. SOS, M. SI, CHE, Medan Polytechnic of Tourism, Indonesia
- Mr. Kyaw Kyaw Sint, TRC Hotel and Vocational Training Institute, Myanmar
- Ms. Rhea Corina B. Mejia, Center of Technical Education, Philippines
C. Seminar Session 2: Sustainable Tourism Education Development Program.
Moderator: Dr. Anang Sutono, CHE, Senior Advisor for Economy and Tourism Development of Ministry of Tourism, Indonesia
Mr. Ruedi Nuetzi, Country Director, SwissContact Indonesia to brief the overall view of the projects implementing in Southeast Asia.
- Myanmar: Involving the private sector in hospitality training delivery. Speaker: Ms. Tin Nilar Aye
- Indonesia: Service quality improvement through Hospitality Coaching. Speaker: Ms. Sefnitta Saptrya Titus
- Laos: Hospitality training at the base of the pyramid: Swisscontact’s experience in Lao PDR. Speaker: Mr. Bounmark Tyhaphannonth
- Cambodia: Hospitality at the Base of the pyramid: Case Study of HoKa from Cambodia. Speaker: Mr. Mee Moeurk
D. Seminar Session 3: Using ASEAN MRA-TP Curricular to develop E-learning platform
Moderator: Mrs. Tetty Ariyanto, Commissioner of National Professional Certification Authority (BNSP)
- Ms. Prakaikan Schneitz, Deputy Director, Program of SEAMOLEC
- Ms. Cahya Kusuma Ratih, Research and Development Manager, SEAMOLEC
We meet, we learnt, we share, we exchange, and we commit for the best to promote ASEAN as the Best Quality Tourism Destination and strengthen the ASEAN Community as ONE.